“In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:16)
As Christians, how do you let your light shine before others? Is it easy for you to help others when you see them in need? How are you quick to respond to help others? The verses before Matthew 5:16, it talks about “Salt and Light.” Christians are the salt of the earth. How can the salt be made salty again if the salt loses its saltiness?
In the same way, how do you let your light shine before men? A night ago, three Evangelists in the church shared practical points on how, as a Christian, let each other shine for the sake of the gospel.
I. How do you let your light shine at work
- Respond kindness to your competitors at work
- Go the extra mile for the sake of others
- When you see them save at the end rather than seeing yourself on top of others
- When you become a person of encouragement in the eyes of your colleagues
- When you show respect & submission to your supervisors, managers, or employers
II. How do you let your light shine at school
- Make new friends
- Open up yourself and invite them to fellowship
- Expand your social network and expand it for good
- Look for ways to serve
- Be complimentary and give credit when its due
- Share your story and share what you are passionate about
III. How do you let your light shine everywhere
- Self-awareness is the key to it all
- Be patient when talking to your family members, especially when confronted with a difficult situation.
- Be aware of the people around you; e.g., when you are riding on a bus and see old people around, stand and offer them your seat.
- Help others when they’re carrying heavy stuff on the street
- Help your neighbors
- Give as much as you can
- Speak kindly
- Let others see your kind spirit