“Never go to bed angry and don’t walk out during an argument.” these are wise man’s advice, and let’s not forget them. However, if you are not content, and still looking for other people’s advice, please read along.
Here is the best marital and relationship advice of all time.
- First things first, pick a good man or woman. My grandma once told me that the best I can wish for you is a good, kind, and considerate lover like your grandfather. Choose your companion carefully, and kindly note that a good lover does not necessarily mean someone who has the entire Kama Sutra at their fingertips, but someone who brings the right attitude to the relationship. This is essential for a successful relationship. Need we say more?
- Compliment your spouse every day! Make an effort to acknowledge and appreciate your spouse. Affirm their value in life and love. Tell them how much you love them; we greatly appreciate this kind of reassurance as human beings. It makes life far more prosperous and more pleasant, and purposeful. And it works a lot better if you are holding them close when you tell them.
- Never lose the fine art of dating. Never stop courting, and never get lazy in your love. Always set aside a romantic evening regularly to rekindle the magic of your long-term relationship. It could be anything from a picnic to a dinner reservation or a movie, just a particular time for the two to remember how and why you first fell in love.
- When was the last time you took your companion in your arms and said, ‘I love you? Look deeply into their eyes and tell them. It doesn’t need to be flowery or lengthy; you should sincerely and frequently express love by saying it. Accept your partner exactly as they are.
- Don’t try to change them. Remember, this is a full-grown man/woman; it’s not your job to change or fix your partner but to love them as they are with no expectation of them ever-changing. Expecting them to change will bring about disappointments. As the saying goes, Choose what you love, love what you choose”.
- Be Fully Transparent. To gain complete trust in your relationship, you must be willing to share everything with your partner, especially what you might not want to share. It takes courage to fully love, open your heart and let them in when you don’t know if they will like what they find. Allowing your partner to love you utterly in your darkness and light is the most significant part of that courage. Don’tfeel like you need to wear a mask around your partner and show up perfect all the time. We all know no one is perfect.
- Live your life. Have a life outside of your relationship. Connect with friends and family; pursue your interests and hobbies. When part of your energy is directed to living your own life, you will not be over-focused on your relationship and your partner in a critical or worried manner. The other aspects of your life, other than your relationship, will not be neglected.